How to disable USB HDD sleep on idle on SP4? Surface
28/06/2016 · What's up guys in this video I will be showing you how to stop your hard drives from going to sleep. Hope you enjoy!! No Sleep HD - http://adf.ly/1berRg... I helped write the external storage feature. Unless the console is actively updating games on your external drive, there is no code that periodically wakes it up while the console is asleep. When we first started working on the external storag...
Prevent Your Hard Drives From Going To Sleep With KeepAliveHD
11/02/2014 · I do have all the power settings set to "Never sleep" though that does not seem to affect the hard drives in Avid. I may look into that app that prevents hard drives from sleeping though. Thanks for the responses. But I would be curious to know if others have experienced the same problem, and if so, if they found a cause or solution.... 30/09/2012 · The sleep mode can be disabled through the "smartware" software that came with the WD drive under the settings tab. The function is to spin down the drive when not in use. Turning it off makes them work with the Wii but it also means whenever power is going to the drive it is spinning.
Disabling hard drive auto-sleep MacRumors Forums
Hard Drives SSD Rescue Memeo Premium/Instant - How to adjust drive settings (sleep, lights, diagnostics) The Seagate Dashboard software that comes on the FreeAgent GoFlex drive can be installed by opening the drive in Windows Explorer or (My) Computer and double-clicking on Setup. Once this software is installed, the Drive Settings area of the software can be used to adjust the sleep … photoshop how to make image clear 14/10/2012 · I have two external hard drives hooked to both my iMac and Mac-Mini. Not seen the eject after wake from sleep issue using Mountain Lion. I use firewire 800 connections. People having the issue what connections are you using? Wonder if a particular port is related to the issue (e.g. the second USB from the left, etc.).
Memeo Premium/Instant How to adjust drive settings
16/06/2015 · It's funny that any combination of words that I try to google for information, all search results are for people asking how to prevent windows from putting external hard drives to sleep. how to call from any number to anyone When a drive is not in use, Windows OS (as well as other OS versions) is set to force the drive in question goes to sleep around 20 min mark from the last activity. It is not a problem, but… A hard drive going to sleep is not a problem, but rather a solution for keeping your devices at top shape.
How long can it take?
WD My Book sleep mode? [Solved] - Storage - Tom's Hardware
- WD My Book sleep mode? [Solved] - Storage - Tom's Hardware
- How to get external hard drives to sleep... VideoHelp Forum
- People with WesternDigital HDD sleep problem GBAtemp
- Prevent Your Hard Drives From Going To Sleep With KeepAliveHD
How To Stop External Hard Drive From Sleeping
Under ‘Hard disk’ you’ll find ‘Turn off hard disk after’. This is where you can control if and when the hard drives will power down after a period of inactivity. If you want to …
- Windows only: Tiny utility NoSleepHD stops external hard drives from powering down, bypassing the mandatory sleep mode built into many USB drives—and eliminating the delay while the drive powers
- 3/05/2011 · Lately I am loosing my temper with my 2TB external FANTOM External USB Device (GreenDrive); It goes to sleep and makes me wait for a few secs before it wakes up. So here is a powershell one liner that writes a file periodically, thus preventing it from sleeping.
- 9/09/2009 · No, no, no, WD is actually one of the best hard drive makers in the world. Just because they have a sleep mode on a drive, it doesn't mean that they are a terrible company, because they are in fact one of the most reputable hard drive makers in the world.
- 28/04/2008 · Just purchased a Maxtor One Touch 4 500gb external USB hard drive. Problem is that after just a few minutes the hard drive will spin down even though energy save 'put hard discs to sleep when possible' is unchecked.